Thirteen Lesser Known Superstitions about Humans
1. If a person’s ear is pulled, especially a child’s when he is told to do something, he will not forget it.
2. A flat chin signifies viciousness, a small chin, cowardice, a pointed chin, craftiness, a soft round chin, fondness for food, a square strong chin, self-restraint and willpower.
3. Women who have hair on their lips will be rich.
4. Bloodless lips denote an immoral and treacherous person.
5. A large number of wrinkles around the mouth signifies a tendency not to tell the truth.
6. If two persons by chance say the same thing at the same time, the superstition is that each must bite the little finger of the right hand while making a wish, and then quickly reach for the other one’s little finger and pull hard. This makes a hooked cross which holds a wish. If neither makes a sound to show pain when pulling the little finger, their wishes will come true. If there is an outcry, the wish will not come true.
7. If a female places her shoes beside her bed with the heel of one against the middle of the other, she will have happy dreams and good luck in love. (making a tau-cross).
8. Many brides believe that she should jump out of bed and land on both feet on her wedding day to ensure she doesn’t start off her married life on the wrong foot.
9. When you stumble, you should snap your fingers to frighten away whatever evil spirit was responsible for the mishap.
10. When a girl’s eyebrows meet, she’ll marry someone near home.
11. The ashes of the burnt shells of hazel nuts applied to the back of an infant’s head will insure the color of the iris in the baby’s eye from turning gray, bu will make them dark instead.
12. Combings and fallen hairs should be burned, or else a bird will weave these hairs into its nest and the person from whose head they came will go insane.
13. To make a cross with saliva and then touch the ear is a good formula for outwitting the one who is gossiping about you (Re. Ears ring when being talked about).