Anyway, I wanted to pop in and say hi. It's great to be with my monkey again! She's been my little shadow since I arrived on Tuesday night. Yesterday, we got to spend time, just the two of us, while we went shopping in Burlington. I went to the Coach outlet store and got a new bag, wallet, and keychain, all for only $152 - the bag alone is marked $299, so I'd say I get a steal. Now, let me say, I'm usually opposed to spending a small fortune on purses (I have a $900/month daycare bill, so this is a small fortune). I'd rather spend my money on books (go figure) but since I've been selling so many covers, I decided to splurge a bit. Besides, my little sister, who has 18 Coach Purses keeps being stingy and refusing to give me one of her old ones.
I also got some new bras. Mine were all starting to fall apart and my ta-ta's aren't exactly the same size as they were before I got pregnant with Baby Craig, so it was overdue. (Sorry for the TMI Alex and Joshua, and any other guys who visit).
Anwyay, I'm way overdue on this, but I've gotten all kinds of awards in the last few weeks.
I received the Kreativ Blogger Award from two very lovely ladies - Krista McLaughlin from The Jelly Beans of Writing and McKenzie McCann from The Ubiquitous Perspective.
The Rules: I have to answer ten questions and share ten random facts about myself.
1. What is our favorite song? Don't have just one...I guess if I had to choose one and only one, it would be "Giving In" by Adema.2. What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake - I shudder with delight just thinking about it.
3. What ticks you off? Hypocrites.
4. When you're upset, what do you do? Rant. Or cry. Maybe a bit of both.
5. What is your favorite pet? I love doggies. So sweet and loving.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? Shades of gray, baby!
7. What is your biggest fear? Rattlesnakes. Lots of those here in the desert.
8. What is your attitude? I'm a sarcastic, snarky beyotch half...okay, most of the time, and hyper and giggly the rest of the time. Victoria can attest to that.
9. What is perfection? No such thing.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Bad T.V. shows and movies.
1. My feet are blocks of ice right now.
2. I hurt my tailbone at some point and it is driving me nuts!
3. I've pretty much given up drinking anything besides coffee lately.
4. I'm scared of flying, yet I do it all the time.
5. I was born in Michigan and moved to Tucson when I was five.
6. I learned all my graphic skills when I was involved in Roswell fanfiction.
7. I was obsessed with Michael and Maria and have pictures of me with both Brendan Fehr and Majandra Delfino.
8. My real name is Christina.
9. I went to college in Flagstaff...which had weather much like Anacortes.
10. Back to the scared of flying thing, I always have to travel with this travel q-tip holder that has a dime in it stamped the year I was born (77). It's my superstition, along with the fact that I also always have to have a tube of chapstick or lip gloss in my back pocket when I go through the checkpoint. Strange but true.
Okay, now, onto the tagging...
Joshua - Vive le Nerd
Jaybird - Bird's Nest
Tara - Tara Tyler Talks
Victoria - Confessions of a Twenty Something fiction writer
Juliana - Juliana Haygert
Dana - The Daily Dose
Okay, I got this award from the lovely Tara at Tara Tyler Talks.
Here's how it goes...
- Link back to the one who gave you the award (in this case, it's ME!)
- Tell us what you do to take time for YOU! That might be a hobby, a musical break, a favorite movie or show, sitting outside enjoying nature, or even taking a nap!
- Nominate five other bloggers - especially folks you think deserve a break from their routine.
Kyra Lennon - prenap before JuNoWriMo!
Cassie Mae - busy mommy, needs a nap!
Carrie Butler - busy artist, needs a nap!
Cherie Reich - just got over blog hop craziness - needs a nap!
Sharon Bayliss - about to have a baby...sleep all you can, dear! Now, because you won't sleep again for another year!
Don't forget to check out NA Alley to read some of the cool interviews we've done.
Don't forget to sign up for the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! Blog Hop at the top of the page.
Also, go check out Victoria's blog today! It's a post about moi and my work!
Okay, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my vacation! Flying home tomorrow with a three-year-old. Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it. :D