Welcome to my stop for the Courage blog tour, organized by Grapevine Book Tours.
Today we're visiting with Carrie Butler on her blog tour for Courage, the newest book in her Mark of Nexus Series, which I'm really looking forward to reading! For this stop, we're dishing with Rena and finding out why she fell in love with the "madman" because I'm a huge fan of love stories, and even more of a fan of opposites finding love in each other. So, without further ado...
Rena's Top 10 Reasons Why She Fell in Love With “The Madman"
10. To be honest, it started with physical attraction. I found myself nose-to-chest with Wallace, but I didn’t realize he was the madman. He was just some guy I’d run into in the hallway. Some intimidating, handsome, mysterious, blue-eyed...
Wait. What were we talking about?
9. The contrast between his appearance and his personality. Superficially speaking, I wanted to write him off as some arrogant, gym-worshipping jerk. But in reality? He’s the most gentle, considerate man I’ve ever met.
8. For years, I considered Gabby and Aiden my best friends—but Wallace showed me a new depth of friendship. Even if we never got together, I’d have given anything to hold on to what we had.
7. The banter. The guy can take it and dish it out.
6. He rescued me. It wasn’t exactly a knight in shining armor scenario, but he came through when I needed him. My hero, right?
5. The experience brought us closer together. He finally trusted me with his secrets, but I wasn’t as ready to hear them as I thought. He’d been pushing me away because his supernatural bloodline posed a serious threat. There was no hope for a relationship between us. Things were over before they started.
That realization stirred something within me. It hurt in a way I couldn’t explain...
4. He loves his family. Deeply. You should see how he is with his grandmother. It’s adorable. (With his brother, not so much.)
3. A little thing I like to call the Mark of Nexus...
2. I realized how much he cared about me—how much he was willing to risk to keep me safe. It was overwhelming. I couldn’t bury my feelings anymore.
1. Let’s just say Wallace Blake is a damn good kisser. ;)
Author: Carrie Butler
Series: Mark of Nexus #2
Expected publication: October 15th, 2013
Category: New Adult (NA)
Genre: Paranormal Romance (PNR)
Making a deal with the bad guys wasn’t the highlight of Rena Collins’ semester, but, hey, it saved her boyfriend. Now, in order to appease the human-altering organization known as ERA, she’ll crawl under their microscope while they study the Mark of Nexus and plot their eye-glazed version of the future—until she realizes that’s not all they’re plotting.
Wallace Blake has always known his girlfriend is unlike most girls. But now that information has surfaced regarding the two bloodlines that balance his supernatural race, he finally understands why. Rena belongs to one of them. She’s been augmenting his power, all along...
Enter: Corynn Catley. Brought into the country under the guise of an internship, she’s intended to become ERA’s secret weapon. Kind of. Her abilities cancel out Wallace’s, rendering him powerless, but that’s exactly what he’s always wanted. Too bad it only works when his girlfriend’s not around.
All the while, Rena fails to notice the crush her geeky best friend, Aiden Ross, is nursing. He’d give anything for her to see him in a new light—even reinvent himself through questionable means--but there’s a reason people are told to be careful what they wish for. Finding the courage to tell her could put everyone’s lives in danger.
Courage (Mark of Nexus #2) is a New Adult paranormal romance that features four unique points-of-view. While the novel stands alone, it is best enjoyed after Strength (Mark of Nexus #1).
Pick up Strength HERE (free this week!)
About The Author:
Carrie Butler daydreamed her way through college—until they thrust a marketing degree into her hands, slapped a summa cum laude seal on the corner, and booted her out into a less-than-stellar job market. Instead of panicking at the prospect of unemployment, she used her Midwestern logic to steer into the skid and point her life in the direction she really wanted to go: writing out those daydreams.
Her passion for New Adult fiction led her to co-found NA Alley—a widely recognized informational hub for the category. She is the author of STRENGTH (Mark of Nexus #1) and COURAGE (Mark of Nexus #2).
Yesterday was Pride and Prep School's book birthday and we're celebrating with a Scavenger Hunt and Amazon gift card giveaway! (Pride and Prep School is the third installment in Stephanie Wardrop's Snark and Circumstance enovella series--a modern, snarky YA re-telling of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.)
Here's how to play:
Go to Stephanie's blog for questions from all three enovellas. One coordinating photo answer will be featured on each of our participating blogs. Once you've matched the questions to the photos, go to Stephanie's post and share your answers in Stephanie's comments section. (For example: Q 1: a bird; Q 2: a burrito, ect.) Each correct answer gives you one entry into the drawing to win a $20 Amazon gift card! (If you're unsure about answers, Snark and Circumstance and Charm and Consequence are only 99 cents each right now on Amazon--links are below!)
The Pride and Prep School Scavenger Hunt will run from today, Wednesday, October 16th through Sunday, October 20th.
Stephanie will post a winner on her blog Tuesday, October 22nd.
Are you ready? Then let's get started!
Go HERE to find Stephanie's Pride and Prep School Scavenger Hunt questions:
Then find the photo answers located somewhere on each of the participating blogs below:
Thanks for helping us celebrate Pride and Prep School's book birthday, and see you back at Stephanie's blog!!!